This Land of Ours

You know how every country has a national anthem? Well, not being much of subscriber to nationalism myself, I thought I’d compose an anthem for land, people and nature wherever they may be found.

“This Land of Ours” is from my album “Round River” and can be purchased ¬†here, or here, or here :)

About these ads

36 Responses to This Land of Ours

1. Just wonderful. I enjoyed it so very much. You are so talented. I hope you and your music get recognized for the delicate beauty that comes from your heart.

This is absolutely beautiful, Mike – really moving, in fact. I have just treated myself to ‘Island of Anywhere’ on iTunes, it will be lovely to listen to while I work!

Beautiful and heartwarming, music, photos and your words! :)

4. ksbeth says:

and mike too )))))

5. Leya says:

They all go well with each other, together, Anthem and pictures and the idea – thank you, Mike!

Brilliant Mike! A wonderful tune for this land.

An amazing piece of work Mike, perfect international anthem for Mother Earth and all her diverse creatures. :)

8. I am not much of a nationalist either, Mike. My national anthem has always been Pete Seeger’s “This Land is Your Land.” Now, thanks to you, I have an international anthem as well.

I love the film, Mike. Such a lovely idea you have come across.
    This country is ours, anthem :-)
    All the best,
    Hanna

Some lovely Welsh ponies? It’s our National Day today; Waitangi Day. I am not big on Nationalism either but I hope being a good citizen of one’s own land is the first step towards caring for the larger world. Your music would go so well with New Zealand scenery too; it does have universal application.

That’s very nice to know, it’s what I hope for with my music. Happy Waitangi Day! Sounds wonderful, what does one do to celebrate? Any traditionally meals to be had? Oh and yes, they are welsh mountain ponies, they do a grand job grazing our conservation sites, and they handle the harsh winter storms on the coast brilliantly

• Gallivanta says:

Waitangi Day is a strange day. Much commemoration at the official level and some public gatherings/celebrations organised for the masses but it doesn’t have the aura of ,say, Bastille Day or Independence Day. It probably should but, instead, it seems to be a day that we don’t quite know how to celebrate. We do much better with our annual Anzac Day.

11. A wonderful song with beautiful impressions from Pembrokeshire. Thank you Mike – this post gave me a great start into the day! :)