When The Snow Comes

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

We haven’t had any yet but I thought I’d share this photo from Mike Alexander of a darkly beautiful winter landscape in North Wales.  The song is one I wrote having been out in the kind of muffled, noiseless, late afternoon light that only a snowy landscape can offer.  It is one of my favourite compositions because it came out straight away, with no time to be influenced by anything other than the experience itself.

21 Responses to When The Snow Comes

1. Linda Cote says:

Beautiful Mike. Very relaxing, and such lovely photos!

2. Reblogged this on To Be Continued… Christine and commented:
    The perfect soundtrack for a day spent by the fire … while the ice glazes the branches of the maple tree standing guard in my front yard and the snowflakes silently float by the window… enjoy.

3. Ah, just the right song after a long day of Christmas preparations. I love the mood it is carrying and how beautiful it is corresponding with the images in the video. Also, I like your pick for the top of the post – depth and composition of that image are awesome (well done Mike A.!) and invite to enjoy the winter.

Have a good night!

Lovely experience listing to the music and looking at the stunning pictures.
    All the best,
    Hanna

5. This one is especially beautiful and, as Montucky says, it really matches the photos. A lovely combination.

Oh thank you Anneli I’m so glad you like it, it certainly came out of a very special moment and I’m quite proud of the composition so that’s really nice of you, thank you 🙂

I love that song and the snowy photos are perfect for it. I will remember it when I walk through winter landscapes!

Of course I like this “darkly beautiful winter landscape” a lot 😉 It is not snowing here currently, but it is a “muffled, noiseless, late afternoon” – the music perfectly matches not only your picture but our wheather, too.

Haha I’m not surprised you like this photo Elke, knowing as I do your penchant for the dark side 😉 Perhaps you could do a post for us on dark matter? Maybe you have already? I should check….thanks for liking the music 🙂

8. writeejit says:

beautiful images to go with a lovely piece of music. Thanks!

‘As pure as the driven snow’ 🙂