It’s very, very stormy in Wales today…

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

…..and it is very unfortunate for the owner of this business and hundreds of others.

Dramatic photos brought to you by Mike Alexander

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to It’s very, very stormy in Wales today…

1. I saw that it was very wild on the Isles over the holidays… And I’ve been thinking of you and all my other friends located in the UK and Ireland.

Dramatic pictures, indeed. I’m glad to see that Mike A. stayed in safe distance while creating them.

(And I will click the Like-button, too, should WordPress let me at some point)

This is impressive – and terrible. I resist dropping my usual joke about taking photos of stormy weather.

Wow! I keep hearing about the storms and sea swells you are having. I hope you don’t live too close to the sea. That’s looks like a pretty bad soaking.

This awful weather will pass but only until the next depression.

Yes it looks like we’ll be having a series of lows from the Atlantic. I’ve been out today and the waves on this heavy swell are absolutely huge. The surfers are loving it πŸ™‚

Those are some frightening photos. I hope all is well where you are Mike.

Thanks LuAnn, we’re fine but this winter the storms do keep coming, I quite like them in many ways but of course wouldn’t be happy if we sustained damage like those poor people

My goodness! They didn’t even have time to get the cars away??

How awful – I feel so sorry for the owners of this and so many other properties. I hope that you haven’t suffered any damage? It has been very wild here in Scotland.

We’ve been ok thanks Jo, even though the winds have been stronger than any I can remember, which is why we don’t have many trees on the Pembrokeshire coast!

Wow, those are some photos! The power of a storm!

Yes Terry there’s nothing like the power of a storm and some of it’s impacts have been very dramatic as you’ve seen. Even though it’s very unfortunate for so many people caught up in it, these storms do provide us with some pretty awesome and spectacular experiences. I tried walking along the cliffs and literally couldn’t make any head way at all at times, I’ve never experienced wind speeds like it – it was great!

Wow. That’s scary. And so unfortunate for the owners of that building. 😦

10. oh my! that all but breaks my heart; those people surely feel helpless against mother nature’s wrath! yesterday the new-moon high tides gobbled part of a nearby beach here in ecuador, though if waves like that hit, wow, the entire coastline would be wiped away!

z

Hi Z, yes it’s been quite wild and some people have suffered unfortunately. I’m sorry to hear of similar tides and damage in Ecuador, although it’s not all bad, some of these unusual storm events do give us some incredible views and experiences. I personally love a bit of extreme weather!

Dear Mike. It is very descriptive of the change that is underway. I hope you are doing fine?
    I was on a hike in a bog today and birch trees lay side by side after the last storms. Big old beech trees were also toppled.
    It was almost impossible to get through, even though it is a commonly visited recreational area where the municipality is aware of maintenance. It has not been possible to clear all the fallen trees away from roads and trails.

Sounds like a growing problem with all of these high intensity storms that we’re having. It’s always sad to see big trees come down. Hope you enjoyed the walk anyway Hanna πŸ™‚

• Hanna says:

Thank you, Mike. I had to climb a few places πŸ™‚
        However, it is important to move carefully, as the tree’s great roots can break and fall back into the hole it left behind.

12. That’s such a shame for the owner of that place!

13. nicholas anderson says:

Hi

I know, I live in the vale of glamorgan and it’s pretty wild here too! Β I recognise newgale’s cafe.Β  Happy new year and pass the mop.

nick

________________________________

This cafe is actually in Barmouth but the one in Newgale took a pounding as well unfortunately. Happy new year and I hope you survived the worst of it ok πŸ™‚