Heading West Makes It Into 2 “Best Of’s” for 2013

Heading West by Mike Howe

Music reviewer Michael Debbage places “Heading West” at #5 in his top albums in the genre for 2013…

And it is also in the Audiosyncracy best of 2013, a podcast based upon Jamey Osbournes radio show featuring outstanding independent acoustic new age musicians and their most current work…

I’m particularly pleased because this album was quite a challenge for me to write and to record.  I had to teach myself how to play the piano and double bass parts of the songs, and this was a brilliant experience.  So recognition like this is very rewarding.  Grateful thanks to Michael and Jamey.

25 Responses to Heading West Makes It Into 2 “Best Of’s” for 2013

1. Well done Mike and congratulations!

2. Congratulations Mike!
    It is so beautiful that your work is acknowledged this way. Especially as you had quite an adventure with this album. 😀

Thank you Steffi, I have to admit that it is really nice to be acknowledged, you never know how the critics are going to react, so you decide that you don’t care anyway, but then when they say nice things you are relieved! 😉

You should be very proud! It has been very cold here and yesterday was one of those days great for staying inside by the fire, listening to some beautiful music. Can you guess what was playing in my house yesterday? Yep, Heading West…fantastic! 🙂

That’s wonderful 🙂

5. You can rightly feel very proud of your accomplishments, Mike. Lovely music and deservedly recognized.

Congratulations, Mike! It’s great when hard work and a lot of talent get recognition!

Excellent! I’m impressed that you taught yourself to play the piano parts! I have tried to teach myself guitar but I don’t ever get very far. I can fumble around on the piano a little bit, though.
    Congratulations, Mike, your music is an inspiration.

Wow, congratulations Mike! That’s really great! 🙂

9. Meho says:

Oh yes! Congratulations!

10. That’s impressive that you taught yourself to play piano in such a short period of time!

Thanks Sherry, I only learned to play those songs and of course it helped that no virtuoso skills were required, I wrote the music to suit the player 🙂

11. Well, another congratulations to you, Mike. But of course, I could have just told him you were number one and saved him some time.