Remembering the Wild West in Black and White

Monument Valley

There’s something very poignant about the wild west in black and white, perhaps it better reflects our memories and impressions of it from times past

View from scenic highway 12 Utah

12 Responses to Remembering the Wild West in Black and White

1. Ingrid says:

Wow, love that first shot. Yes, the B & W image just seems to fit Monument Valley beautifully.

2. Black and white pictures have a calmness to them – they provide a quiet space for us to hear (see) better the images of our own memory.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful images, Mike.
    Much love and happy holy-days,
    Steffi

Hi Mike. As Jo says: Western music 🙂

This is the perfect setting for some black and white shots…lovely! 🙂

Mike, I’m old enough to remember that the Wild West was always in black & white! Great photos!

That first photo especially is so powerful, Mike. I get strands of western-style theme music in my head straight away!

7. B/W reminds us that they were harsh times back then in the pioneer days.

You are right. These have quite an impact.

9. Although I love the colors of the West, sometimes black and white is even more powerful.

It certainly has a different feel in black and white. Lovely.