Life In Colour…

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

I just had to show you these beautiful photographs by Mike Alexander of the puffins on Skomer Island. Β I find the colours of the birds and the ocean just mesmerising.

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

20 Responses to Life In Colour…

Wow beautiful! They are so cute. Great photos! In the last one there seems to be some kind of negotiation going on πŸ™‚

2. Paula says:

These are gorgeous and fun πŸ™‚ I have never seen them in person, so thank you for posting the pics πŸ˜‰

Yes… beautiful colors (Now you are permitted to publish colored photos again ;-)).
    The birds look quite serious, as if pondering on a difficult issue. I guess this is due to the triangular dark spots their eyes seem to be embedded in.

4. Pingback: Guillemots of Skomer island | Dear Kitty. Some blog

Thanks for the photos, Mike and Mike! They are wonderful!

Perfect puffins πŸ™‚

7. Leya says:

Stunningly beautiful shots! Puffins are such specialists in having many fishes at the same time in their beaks. I met them in Iceland, but these shots are fantastic! My compliments to you and your friend! Thank you for sharing.

Thanks so much Leya, I couldn’t help sharing such beautifully colorful photos and yes you’re right, their ability to hunt for and carry so may fish in their beaks is amazing πŸ™‚

8. Very interesting animals and wonderful pictures! Thank you for sharing them Mike – and respect for Mike A.’s work, too.

Much love,
    Steffi

9. These are so beautiful. Here on the west coast of Canada we have the puffins with the tufts on the side of their heads. Tufted puffins. Their beak colours are not quite so varied but still they are very similar to these Atlantics. Very unique and special birds. I’ve seen them with their beaks full of needlefish and wonder how they can have four or five of them dangling from their beaks without having lost any as they collect them.

Thank you Anneli, yes they are amazing birds and great to watch when they are feeding their young – mostly sand eels here:

I finally finished your book “The Wind Weeps”, what a beautifully written novel, and a fascinating insight (as a male) of the inner workings of the female mind! And also a wonderful insight into the world of boats, sailing and ocean life, of which I know nothing so it was a very interesting read. Congratulations! πŸ™‚