It was with complete surprise, followed by a buzz of excitement to be one of the WordPress Editors picks on “Freshly Pressed” today.  My song “Hope” was featured and I got a badge (those of you in the UK that remember “Blue Peter” will understand my swelling pride – hehe…)

It’s funny how this virtual world that we inhabit for chunks of our lives these days has become, to a greater or lesser extent, so much part of what we do and maybe who we are.  If I’m honest I both like it and find it quite unsettling all at the same time.

Which is why I’m so grateful to be able to get away from this screen and go and deal with some very real stuff, and tomorrow is no exception.  Tomorrow I travel North so that I can look at, kick about in, and discuss the future of this place and one or two others.  When I get out into air like this, all the anxiety disappears.

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

Photo: Mike Alexander

31 Responses to Freshly Pressed Today (Thank you!), Back To The Real World Tomorrow (Thank you!)…

1. Hello Mike, I don’t normally do this award thing but wanted to nominate you for ‘The Sunshine Award’…. because you know already how much I love your music – cheers us up on a rainy day. If you want to accept it then just go to my blog and follow the questions…. if not, just take this as a nod of appreciation 😉

2. Congratulations on the Freshly Pressed 🙂
    Have a nice day!

Excellent; you are in rarefied air, both in real life and on the internet 🙂

Congratulations, Mike! Very well deserved and I’m sure your stats have rocketed! Enjoy our trip up north. I know what you mean – we all spend too long in front of these screens, slaves to technology. Have fun!

5. That’s great Mike! Enjoy the real world 🙂

6. A well deserved congratulations to you, Mike. And how very, very fortunate you are to have such beauty nearby to recharge your soul.

7. Colline says:

Congratulations. You deserve the accolade.

8. vera ersilia says:

Congratulations! great recognition that you surely deserve in the blogosphere and out.

9. I’m support u guys 🙂

Wow that’s wonderful, congratulations Mike! Your put your heart in your work and music and that really shows. Internet is a great way to share the wonderful things you do and keep on inspiring others! 🙂

11. Those look like very nice places to get unstressed!

12. Congratulations, again, Mike! It is great to see you amongst the Freshly Pressed folks!

Regarding the virtual world – I hear you. And I believe it comes down to the way we choose to connect to the world (people, nature, spirit…) and a healthy balance between the different methods – which may include the internet.

Enjoy your trip to the north and the wind blowing around your nose (as we say in Germany)! Looks like a fantastic place, too! Beautiful images by Mike A., also!

Steffi x

So deserved, Mike! Congratulations.
    (I understand what you mean about the sometimes unsettling relationships we have with the virtual world; there is both good and bad)

Enjoy the tactile world. : )

In relation to the discussion we just had on my blog – I am really happy that _your_ blog in particular was Freshly Pressed!!