Jumping The Stream

This song was written about the childlike thrill I always get when I have to cross a stream, whether it be a short hop over the narrows, or when it’s one of those when you have to take a running jump, never quite knowing if you’ve got enough lift to reach the far bank…I’m sure you know what I mean 🙂

21 Responses to Jumping The Stream

1. Paula says:

I needed this 🙂 Thank you, Mike 🙂 I haven’t forgotten about your site and your uplifting and yet cal ming music, but sometimes life makes me forget that I should take it easy. Luckily there is you to remind us that there is still beauty around. Will be back….

Really lovely, Mike. I do know what you mean, as someone who will walk up and down the banks of a stream several times before deciding to jump! 🙂

I do, I do. It was such fun. And, most times, we did get across safely.

4. Aaah, alaways beautiful to listen to, Mike!

And yes, that thrill when jumping over a little creek, that’s exactly the feeling! 😀

Much love,
    Steffi

Thanks Steffi, I’m glad you know the feeling 🙂

• I grew up at the “rim” of the city – lots of little farms, fields and nature around. That connection to nature is still alive. So, yes, I actually do know that feeling. I also remember how we climbed on trees and stuff (although I haven’t done the latter in a while…).

Sorry Steffi, of course I know you have a very deep connection with nature, it’s written into everything you do and say and it’s one of the things I admire most about you as I’ve got to know you and your lovely blog 🙂

• Nothing to be sorry about, Mike – I understand and was just sharing a few memories to validate what you already sensed. 🙂

Thank you for your kindness in words and deeds, though! Actually I could say the same about you. So, the admiration is mutual. 😀

5. Clanmother says:

Always a pleasure stopping by…

6. I can imagine you hopping from stone to stone with this music in your head.

7. sounds wonderful 🙂